ERISA and Employee Benefits
Compliance and Transactional Practice – Employee benefit plans operate within a complex web of federal laws and regulations. Working with other plan professionals, we assure our clients remain complaint with this myriad of requirements.
- Plan Design and Drafting
- Design and Drafting of Administrative and Participant Forms and Notices
- Compliance with Federal Laws and Regulations
- Contract Negotiation
Litigation Practice – Each year, we manage hundreds of lawsuits on behalf of our employee benefit plan clients. These lawsuits range from minor matters to complex, high-dollar cases.
- Benefit Denial, Claim Appeals, and Related Litigation
- Subrogation and Intervention Claims
- Employer Delinquency Collection, Employer Withdrawal Liability Claims
We represent nearly fifty multiemployer employee fringe benefit plans and several single employer plans. Our health and welfare plan clients range from $4 million to $120 million in assets. Our qualified retirement plan clients range from $20 million to $250 million in assets. Representative clients include –
- Sheet Metal Workers’ Local No. 10 Pension and Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Minnesota Teamsters – Construction Division Pension Fund
- Minneapolis and St. Paul Painting Industry Pension Funds
- UFCW Local 789 and St. Paul Food Employers Defined Contribution & 401(k) Plan
- Operating Engineers Local No. 49 Health & Welfare Fund
- Painters & Allied Trades District Council No. 82 Health Care Plan
In addition, we represent other employee benefit plans in the following trades: Glazing and Glassworking, Asbestos Workers, Plasterers, Lathers, Drywall Finishers, Floor Coverers, and Plumbers and Steamfitters.