The Government Relations group deploys five skilled lobbyists at the Capitol daily. This provides our clients with unparalleled coverage and insight. Legislative consulting or lobbying services reflect the priorities established by our clients. The scope of services provided to our clients include:
- Strategic advice on legislative priorities relating to both short and long term legislative strategy.
- Drafting legislation and bill amendments, including obtaining bill authors.
- Proactive development of relationships and education of elected officials and key members of the legislative and executive branches on general issues relating to the client.
- Regular contact with committee chairs, committee members and staff, and administration officials on relevant legislation.
- Attending all hearings in which legislation on key priorities or other issues of interest to the client is discussed. Regular communication with clients regarding legislative developments and progress through written reports, bill tracking and participation in client meetings.
- Preparation of client witnesses, including preparing written testimony if needed, before legislative, administrative, and regulatory bodies.
Douglas M. Carnival
Kathleen M. Lamb
Bayer Corporation; Concrete Paving Association of Minnesota; Guthrie Theater; Greater Minneapolis Building Owners & Managers Association (BOMA); Elk River ISD #728; Educational Testing Services (ETS); Enterprise Minnesota; Heartland Consumers Power District; The Itasca Project; Maximus, Inc.; Minnesota Association of Community Telecommunications Administrators (MACTA); Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC); Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission (MSFC); Minnesota Golf Association; Minnesota High Tech Association (MHTA); Minnesota Municipal Utilities Association (MMUA); Minnesota Nursery & Landscape Association (MNLA); Minnesota Recreation and Park Association (MRPA); Minnesota State Fair; National Marine Manufacturers Association; National Solid Waste Management Association (NSWMA); Ramsey County Regional Rail Authority; Rochester Public Utilities (RPU); Ryan Companies; Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency (SMMPA); Sprint/Nextel Communications, Inc.; St. Paul RiverCentre Convention & Visitors Authority.